Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Week #1

Deciding to become a teacher was one of the easiest decisions I have ever made. Since I was a little girl I have always wanted to be a teacher. My inspiration to become a teacher was my mom. She was my teacher until the 9th grade and was a great role model. In 8th grade I had a great opportunity to be a teachers assistant in a 1st grade classroom and really sparked the desire to teach. Being in a classroom gave me the chance to work with students in small groups as well as some one-on-one time. My senior year of high school I did a work base study in a 1st and 2nd grade split classroom, this really gave me the chance to experience teaching. I was given more responsibilityi was able to teach some simple art lessons and also, planned a field trip to the Woodland Park Zoo. It was a lot of work but, I was hooked! During my senior year of high school, I really discovered my heart for teaching the students that needed a little more help.This is what I see myself doing after I graduate from Northwest, I would like to purse a masters degree in Special education. I hope to one day to be able to help the students that need an extra push in learning. Whether it be with special education or being a specialist of some kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment