On Friday, I went to the 4th grade classroom at Holy Family to videotape for my final project. In doing so I also had the chance to observe and see how Ms. Desimone uses technology in her classroom. I was there for math and also for readers workshop. It was fun to see how she used to document camera and SMART board in her math lesson. They were learning about factions and she would show different fraction pieces under the document camera to help them figure out the answer to the problem. She also used the SMART board for students to self correct their math homework. The students would come up to the SMART board and write down how they solved the problem. This was one of my first observations seeing the students using the SMART board in the classroom.
Also, it was interesting to see how the students responded to the flip-video. As you will see in my final project some students absolutely loved being filmed while some other students were very shy and weren’t to sure about being interviewed. Over all it was a great fun hanging out with the 4th graders.

I really loved the video that you showed us. It is interesting, the things you can do with the flip video. How long did it take for you to make the video? Did it take long to download? Well, I'm glad that you used it. It is a great idea for the future!
ReplyDeleteumm to record my clips at was at the school for about 2-3 hours and then to make it since I have never used imovie before it took a good couple of hours to figure it all out... and to download the clips not very long since they were really short clips...
ReplyDelete