Monday, September 21, 2009

"Generation IM"

This article was very insightful and brought many different things to my attention that I thought about but never gave much attention to. I knew that as a teacher I would need to keep up on the latest technology. Now there are so many different options out there that it can get very overwhelming trying to integrate them into your lessons and the classroom. In the article it give great ideas on how to use free resources that our students already know how to navigate for projects such as myspace and facebook. I really liked the idea of reading a book and having student make a profile for the character. Also the seven tips to using technology in your classroom were very insightful and gave a good starting point of how we can use them in our classroom to better our students learning. It still amazes me how even kindergarteners and first graders know how to use and access all this different technology. This article really opened my eyes to how much I still need to learn about the technology world.

1 comment:

  1. I am really glad we are taking this class because it will hopefully help us to engage more of the students. Our job is to teach these students and I think we could do a better job if there was more on the job training. Knowing more about technology will help us as teachers to connect our content with the students

    ReplyDelete