I don't even know where to start, there were so many great things about this article! Bob Spankle, reinforces so many thing that we have been learning about this semester. How to integrate technology into our classroom to keep our students active in learning. But, making sure we use it to add to the learning not take the focus off learning. I think that the flip video in the classroom is a great idea! Being able to show short clips of what the students are doing in the classroom and e-mailing them to the parents is a awesome way to keep parents in the loop. It also, is a great way for students to create goals and then play them back to them once the unit or the year is over and see if they have met the goals they set. My favorite idea in this article is asking the students of the first day of school what there hope/dream/goals are for the school year. Then you could play them back at the end of the year to see if they have accomplished their goals and reflect on them. I would love to use this idea in my classroom some day. I believe, that this would get students excited about the school year and get them ready to learn!
The only point about this article that I'm not to sure about is his opinion on grading. Yes, I think the flip video is a great way to show progress so that the parents and students can see it. But, I still think a letter grade gives most (not all) students motivation to do their best in school.
Friday, October 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I definitely agree with you about this article. I think it is a great way to integrate technology into the classroom and motivate students to learn. I really liked the idea of recording students at the beginning of the year and then again at the end of the year... I think we should do it!
ReplyDeleteI also agree with you about still giving grades. I didn't think about it like that, but I think you are right. It is important to have a balance between integrating technology but still assessing students.